Thursday, October 23, 2014
Pushing Along
Just a mini update on James. He had a fever all day Wednesday, as well as Thursday morning, but it went away around mid morning and hasn't returned except for a slight warming Thursday night-not even enough to constitute concern. He isn't eating much at all, but thankfully he is drinking normally. He is very sensitive to having his ribs/mid section touched at all. He laughed yesterday and immediately grimaced and teared up in pain. I am sure throwing up on Tuesday really sent his still-recovering ribs into a downward spiral, I can barely lift him up within out him telling me "Stop, it hurts me!" Those are seriously sad moments. I think he is experiencing body aches to some degree, and needless to say, he has been exceptionally ornery to a degree I don't think I have ever seen in a kid. I must admit, it has been very hard for me to stay emotionally sane. I don't want to see him in pain, and yet I have to force him to drink his medicine. I hate that his body hurts him, and I just want to snuggle with him all day, but I don't think he views me as his safe spot right now. He has pushed and kicked at me more times than I care to admit, and he told me to go away a few times....granted I had his orange juice in my hands during those time, but it still stung. His scar seems a little redder than normal, but I can't tell if its red, ie, a bad sign, or red, ie, my ribcage is hurting and my fever is making my body flushed. Something to watch, that's for sure. I am so ready for James to start feeling well again. I miss his smiles.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment