Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Jackson: 10 months

In all actuality, Jackson is 10 and a half months by now, but I neglected to do his 10 month update, so I'll do that now, and then not have a ton of new stuff to write about when his 11 month update rolls around.  
  • The big deal during Jackson's 9th month was finally starting to crawl everything at lightning speed. That started right after he turned 9 months, and he just never slowed down thereafter.  As always, crawling brought Jackson a huge sense of independence, and you can tell he loves being able to move more than bottom-scooting ever allowed him!
  • Greater mobility has introduced Jackson to lots of new favorites: closing doors and shutting himself in a room by himself; crawling into the bathroom and playing with toilet paper; playing with lots of new toys in the toy room; zipping over to the magazine stacks and ripping those apart; locating any lone kik on the floor and eating it (this applies to legos as well), and trying to crawl out the front door if left open.  He loves to find people in their bedrooms and just smiles his ears off when he finds me.  
  • Jackson also became very adept at pulling up this month and especially loves to do so to peer into the bathtub.  He is often standing in his pack and play in the morning, which acts as Karianna's alarm clock.  He will take steps if someone is holding his hands, and will cruise  little bit across the couches, but not a ton yet.  
  • Jackson loves puree pouches of any sort-he is not picky.  He loves vienna sausages, bananas, applesauce, eggs, and really, any foods cut up into bite size pieces.  I am using up all my baby food jars and am done buying them-and the purees will only be for travel, honestly.  He loves to eat like big people and gets sad if you don't give him the big pieces. 
  • Jackson has been a magnet for mosquitoes this month, so I have been limiting his time outside unless he is covered with bug spray.  I am super excited to take him to the park more often as the weather starts cooling down-he loves swings and I think will be super excited to start sliding and crawling around in the sand.  His last swim was such a blast, he LOVES splashing, it is so funny to see!  He does the same thing in the bath, and scares me with how often he pulls himself up to the side of the tub while bathing.  He still loves splash pads, and I take him to those as often as possible.
  • Just a few randoms:  Jackson still takes his binky though he forgets about it during the day.  He sleeps less and less in his swing for naps, and I'll probably pack that up this month. He waves hi and bye, will clap when asked, and will squint his eyes when someone points a camera at him.  He loves kix and cheerios, and had his first packet of fishies this month as well as graham crackers.  He will give high fives an will kick when asked.  He tends to grab himself when his diaper is being changed, but what boy doesn't?  He loves his siblings, and I love to hear his giggles when they play with him!  He just laughed his head off while Karianna did the ice bucket challenge on him-only no ice water, just a ton of rainbow loom bracelets!  
Overall, Jackson remains a pure joy to have in our home, such an easy baby, and I am so impressed with his flexibility these past few weeks as he was away from me for long stretches of time.  He still nurses every 3 hours thankfully, and sleeps so well at night-super grateful for that one!  We love you Jackson!  


















No comments: