Sunday, October 19, 2014

Jackson: 11 months

Well, this will be a short update since I just updated Jackson a few weeks ago!  Jacks continues to plow along to his 1 year mark next month-super exciting!  Just a few tidbits to note:

  • We call Jackson "Jacko Smacko".  He does indeed like to hit things, people, food, water--whatever is close.  What can I say-the name fits!
  • Jackson is cruising everywhere and is utterly proud of himself every time he catches someone eye while doing it.  He is so fast at crawling now and has a funny little half bear, half traditional crawl that just gets him everywhere.  He hit that stage where he doesn't want to stand with someone or on his own-he immediately wants to drop down and just crawl.  
  • Jacks loves graham crackers.  That is his favorite food now.  He rarely eats jarred baby food any longer, just eats what we eat in bite size amounts.  He stays away from foods that have high risk for allergies, honey, and milk, but otherwise he is pretty open to much of anything.  Especially if it is called "graham cracker".
  • Jacks is going to bed now by 8 at the latest and sleeps until 7.  I nurse him and he generally goes back down by 9 until 11, then up until his 1pm nap.  It is a lovely schedule, only getting tricky late afternoon when he starts to get tired but I keep him up so he is ready to go to bed on time.  
  • Jacks talks and talks and talks and talks.  He claps, gives high fives, waves hi and bye, reaches out for people, points at things in books, and has started to point to things in the distance.  He hates vacuum cleaners and brooms, and loves his baths with all the energy that exists in his little body....it is so funny to watch him smack the crud out of a tub full of water.  Jacks has such a loud cry, and he tends to hold his breath when he gets agitated-he digs himself down into the ground, its actually kind of funny!  Thankfully he doesn't exhibit these moments too often, and I feel he still identifies as an easy baby.
  • Jacks no longer cares for acceptable toys.  He likes playing with hand controls, phones, legos, crayons, purses, magazine stacks, paper, and puzzles.  He likes having a bucket of stuff to dig through if his attention span lasts.  More often than not he sees something he wants/likes/needs and is off to explore that.
  • Jacks also no longer cares for kix or cheerios...he knows there are bigger things out there to enjoy.  He likes his sippy well enough, and still nurses every 3 hours during the day.
  • Jacks loves parks, and I wish we could go more often right now.  He loves to swing, and is starting to explore sand.  He loves slides with someone, though without still scares him.  He likes crawling through tunnels, if they exist at the playground we are at.
I think that's it for now!  Jacks cracks me up all the time, and I love his exuberant spirit that seems to permeate every day of his life.  Apparently I didn't take a ton of photos with the craziness that has been this month, but here's a few.
 Playing with cousin Brielle-pens, crayons, and markers.  Classic.
 I can't tell you how many times this happens. Getting into Sara's art/afterschool bucket.


No comments: