I just realized that Jared is not in any of these pictures!!!! Trust me, though, he was there! And compliments to him right off the bat-all the kids were appropriately dressed, matched, and groomed. That has not always been the case, but he did a great job in this area!
We got a little smarter this year and split the kids up for vists: Jared came during the day with James and Sara, and then he came back after school with the three older kids. I enjoyed these visits so much, and I think it had a lot to do with splitting the kids up-I got to indulge their questions more, snuggle with them more, and they got more time to meet and greet Jackson. Definitely a positive!
Sara had lots of questions and comments-she was adorable with Jackson, a mini Karianna to the tee! James was funny, he walked in the room having just had a panic attack with the elevator ride (he hates elevators). At first, he wouldn't even go to my bed, he just stared at me. Jared eventually picked him up and put him in bed with me, and he immediately laid his head down on my shoulder....at that point his stare shifted to Jackson, and I could easily read the look on his face: "What. Is. That. Why are you holding that baby? This is wrong...." It was pretty funny actually, it was almost like me holding a baby was a violation to James! He warmed up after awhile and was laughing, climbing, and talking like normal, but those first 5-10 minutes sure were funny!
While Sara got her time, Jared decided to do an experiment with James.
James was much more engaged when his turn came to hold Jackson, he pointed out all his facial features for me, and seemed enthralled by Jackson's teeny fingers.
I love this picture, whatever I was saying made James take a sudden breath, and you can just barely see his mouth forming that familiar "Oh!' shape!
Giving kisses and hugs :)
The big kids came straight from school right to the hospital, they were so full of excitement! They burst in the room and immediately started asking to hold Jackson! I don't even think there was a "winner" for who was most excited-it permeated the room!
Jordan went first, and even though this first pic is bad-quality, I love the look on Jordan's face!
Karianna went second and honestly, she could have held the baby the entire day-and she will tell you that!
JD got to go last and surprised me-I think he could have held the baby all day too, he was very, very loving with Jackson!
I was admittedly sad when everyone left-I miss my kids during my hospital stays, but I have to say in the same breath-I need the break. I know when I get home I am going to feel very overwhelmed trying to balance everything, and I feel like I need those two days to get my emotions in check and to have my own time with Jackson. I know for sure when we come home though that the kids will be excited! Most of Jared's family came to visit me later that night as well, and it was very fun chatting with them and visiting! Brielle is 4 months old, and it is amazing to see the difference between the two!
No comments:
Post a Comment