- James continued to be a bit of a terror (a loveable one, but a terror nonetheless). He managed to pull down the semi-circle shade that goes over our semi-circle window in the front room.....like, he pulled it all the way off the window and onto the floor and was sitting on it. That means he climbed up onto the sofa and probably onto the table to get at it. All while I was doing dishes in the other room and thought he was playing with blocks.
- Another James note....he figured out how to climb out of his pack and play today. Sigh. I know I have been on borrowed time...he is such an accomplished climber, I am not sure why this hasn't happened earlier. All I can figure it he knows his bed is for sleep, so he has treated it as that thus far. No more, unfortunately. We spent a long part of his nap today learning that we can't climb and come out of our room.
- I finished sorting all the old kid clothes today by gender and size...even got them packed in boxes and categorized in the closets as I want them. That's a positive! It means I can finish cleaning out James' room tomorrow now that his closet is done and I can actually reach the bed sheets.
- The boys' room got finished yesterday other than vacuuming, and it is STILL clean at the end of the day today. Accomplishment!
- I went to Curriculum Night tonight and felt very good about each of the kid's classrooms and teachers.
- I got my maternity support belt today to help with what I think is SPD (basically where the pubic symphysis bones move more-and before-they are supposed to, causing major pelvic pain, which has been majorly ailing me). This should be good news....but I wore it today to get housework done and to go to curriculum night tonite, and I am sad to say, I am lying in bed now in more pain than I was in yesterday.....I felt like the belt was just compressing the baby and my bladder, and I really experimented with different placements, thinking I had it on wrong. I am at one of three options with it after a day: I just need to get used to it; I don't have a big enough belly for it yet-maybe my belly needs to be bigger to actually function correctly; or the name "support belt" is misleading and it's not going to help at all. I'll give it a week.
- I got my third weekly review from my supervisor today and for the third week in a row had zero negative comments-she couldn't find anything wrong with how I am evaluating. That made me feel good, I have been working so hard to acclimate well to this job, and I am so glad to know it is showing.
- So the weirdest part of the day and the saddest. Jared got a phone call around 2pm today from his mom. He learned that his Uncle Gary passed away very suddenly this afternoon...they still don't even know what happened, if it was a stroke or a heart attack. Given that another of Jared's uncles passed away not a month ago, this was very shocking news, also shocking from the standpoint that his Uncle Gary was at a very healthy point in his life. Jared left work early under even worse terms: Walden apparently told him he could only leave a few hours early if he could supply a copy of the death certificate or the obituary...who does that when you just find out a family member passed away? It was almost like a threat for something that is SUCH a legitimate reason to leave a few hours early for the day. It really frustrated Jared when he was just trying to get to his mom and family to help them. Overall, it made for a sad evening
That's been the day today. Jared and I are trying to decompress by eating Applebees To-Go, which we have not done in a loooooooooooooooong time, and which feels really nice...or WILL feel nice once I end this blog post in order to eat my chicken pasta. Thus ends this post.
No comments:
Post a Comment