Today was a good day in that I was able to get a lot accomplished amidst needing to take it easy a lot.
I got a lot of housework done (but it doesn't look like it, which is just the theme of being a mom). I know that might not seem like a huge accomplishment, but man, it is while I am waiting for my support belt to get here!!!! I got the dishes done. I mopped the floor (not intentionally, it kind of happened after Sara broke a bottle of salsa and pizza sauce on the floor at the same time). I got all the baby clothes newborn to 18 months sorted and boxes. I washed and folded all the newborn-3 month clothes. I got the boys to finish gutting out their room (lots of work to be done, but the corners/closets/hiding places are all cleaned out, sheets are washed, etc). The girls....okay, nix that, the girls' room does not belong in the success list. I have sorted through every box of kid clothes we own, I just have to finish categorizing them into boxes and get them packed up into closets. Overall--lots of jobs done around the house.
The kids' homework time is going so very well, I am pleased with how positive they are about this time of the day, and since I can't physically interact with them a ton, it means a lot to sit on the couch and review their work with them or read with them. JD has been so proud of himself for getting 100%s on all his reading/spelling/math fact tests so far...sometimes I think he is surprised when he does well academically, which is silly because he is a very smart little boy! Jordan loves doing his homework as well (which I give him) and he colors pictures every day. Sara does her homework, which is writing her name, random letters of her choice, and counting or saying all her ABCs and their sounds. She likes to cut things during her homework time too. She cuts random shapes and claims they are special game pieces or something like that....whatever works! She cuts and write with her left hand.....I think I can officially say she is left-handed. Karianna still does her HW independently every single day. She was defining vocab words for me yesterday and defined "restless" as "its when you are antsy and just can't sit still". I laughed my head off and complimented her on defining a vocab word with a WAY better vocabulary word! Homework time has probably been my favorite time of the day for the last few days.
I got my second stream of evaluation reviews from my supervisor and had nothing but positive comments. She said I was rivaling her veteran evaluators in terms of crafting comments. That made me feel really good (especially when I haven't showered in about 5 days, which makes me feel really gross, but it hurts to stand for too long....I told you it was bad).
Jared and I have had some amazing conversations the last few days and I love the feeling of reconnecting when life seems so hard. I sure do love my husband.
So really, nothing of important note tonite, it was just a good day though, and I am appreciative of that. Oh, and the weather was nice....there's a good silver lining! Maybe if I can convince myself to take a shower, I can elevate this to the status of "great day"!
Tuesday, August 27, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment