I went to check James in his bed a few minutes ago. He had obviously been asleep, but stood up in his pack and play as I walked further into the room. In the last month or so, he has gotten reattached to his binky after finding one under the couch. I haven't really cared honestly as long as it is confined to nighttime use. Anyhow, when I went in, he didn't have it anywhere that I could see. The following ensued....
James stood up in his bed staring at me like a zombie. I asked him, "James, where's binky?"
He just stares, swaying slightly back and forth.
I asked again: "Where's binky? Is it gone?"
He continues to stares, his lips poofed out and his eyes wide with sleep.
I said, "Okay James, let's go back to sleep". I figured he wouldn't care at that point that we didn't have his binky.
I laid him back down on his back and clarified one more time for him: "Okay, sleep time, binky all gone!"
He stared at me with his wide, sleepy eyes for about 2 seconds.
At that point, his hands slowly moved up to the neck of his onesie. One hand pulled his onesie away from his body and the other hand disappeared down into his onesie.
A smile finally spreads across his face and his eyes light up. Out of his onesie, he pulled his binky.....where he had apparently hidden it before falling asleep. He stuffed it into his mouth, looking extremely pleased with himself while I laughed my head off.
That is the beauty and hilarity of James Gregory Lautenschlager.
Tuesday, August 27, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment