My blog is boring. :( Things have been so crazy I haven't felt one bit of desire to update the blog--probably because we are in sink or swim mode right now as we get used to Jared's schedule. Jared has been on his new crazy work schedule for a week-this is the start of week 2. The first half of the first week went okay. I felt like I was handling it well, Jared seemed to be doing okay, albeit tired, and the kids were hanging in there better than anyone. I managed to get up at 3:30am each morning to help Jared transition to bed as quickly as possible, and we managed to streamline his morning routine so he can sleep until 8:15 in the morning. The last few days of the week were hard. We were all hitting a wall, I think. Even the moments we had together seemed hard and frustrating. We were all glad when the weekend came, but I found even that difficult. It was hard to find a balance between letting Jared get as much sleep as possible, spending much-needed time with the kids, and spending time with me. We are definitely still in the acclimation period of this--I'm hopeful week 2 will be easier all around, especially as the weekend rolls around.
Our schedule at home went okay this week. It's almost easier to stay on a schedule as a "single parent", just because there's no one else to help out (I don't mean that to sound sad, just a matter of fact). We've designated certain times "no-TV" times, and the kids have had some good playtimes together. We have a good dinner routine now-the kids do reading time while I prep dinner, we eat, and then we immediately do baths/showers/cleaning bedrooms before bed. The only thing I missed out on doing last week that I wanted to was get out of the house more. I'm hoping to get to the park a few times this week, depending on how hot it is, and maybe jump in the pool a few times as well since we have 100 degree days coming up. I've managed to keep the house decently clean on my own, though I'd be lying if I said there are 6 loads of laundry waiting to be folded on my bedroom floor--in all honesty, there are actually 7 (and soon to be 9 as soon as I finish the last few loads).
I am also hoping to do better keeping up the blog this week-take some more pictures, maybe let that be a motivator for doing some more creative things with the kids. We'll see how it goes-lofty goals for the week, who knows how it will play out?
Monday, April 29, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment