I'll post-date this eventually since Karianna and I got to see Wicked at the beginning of this month, but I wanted to get the pics up here at the very least!
This was Karianna's first broadway show and for anyone who knows her, you know she has been gearing up for this for a LONG time! We had a serious conversation on our drive down to Tucson, all about the grown up rules for attending a musical: rule number1---NO SINGING ALONG!!! Karianna did great with this, its just a sign of her true dedication to the establishment of Wicked that I had to have that discussion with her! Here's Karianna and Makayla trying to mimic the iconic cover of the Wicked playbill.So many details I could write about this weekend, but at the end of the day we had a blast. The funnest part for me was watching Karianna's face out of the corner of my eye to see her reactions to various scenes. Her eyes bugged out of her head when we saw Oz for the first time and she was smiling ear to ear for "Defying Gravity"....after the song though, she leaned over to me and whispered, "They totally did that on a lift, but it was still awesome!!!" We went to the front of the auditorium during intermission to peek down into the orchestra pit and to examine the map of Oz a bit closer-that was cool. We were in the 13th row, and it was awesome for me to see everything up close-Jared and I were in the first balcony first time we saw this, and though I loved it, it was a different experience up close.
I'm super glad I got to share this with Karianna. I am sad Jared couldn't come, but it was a special weekend for us. Karianna is amped up to see Phantom of the Opera next (who knows when)-she has caught the broadway bug! A big thanks to the Hammerquists for letting us stay with them overnight-it was fun to see it with family!
No comments:
Post a Comment