Sara has been getting SO much better at talking. She has been in speech therapy at preschool for about 1 month now, and we have just seen so much improvement-it's like she is well aware that she needs to try and speak more clearly. The other day, Jared overheard the following conversation:
Jordan: Sara, stop copying me!
Sara: Sara, stop copying me!
Jordan: STOP it Sara, I don't like that!
Sara: STOP it Sara, I don't like that!
Not a big deal, really, but Jared said Sara was enunciating so clearly, and that is just awesome.
Another thing Sara has been doing lately is getting manipulative. She has figured out that she can try and sneak out of her room at night like the boys...I can't get too frustrated about that, I just feel blessed this didn't happen earlier! The thing about it is when we ask her why she is out of her room, she'll throw this in our faces:
I just missed you. OR, I just love you.
What else can I do about that except laugh and smile?
And finally, Sara's bedtime routine right now is so cute. I'll give her a hug, and she'll immediately say, "More huggies please!" I'll oblige and then give her a kiss. She'll say, "More kissies please!" Of course, I can oblige with that as well! And then, just for fun, I'll tickle her tummy real quick. She'll squeal with laughter, and then surprise me by asking, "More tickles, please!" Special times!
Now, on the James front, I love the little tricks he is pulling out as a brand new 1-year-old:
- James loves birds, fans, and the moon. If you ask him where one of those things is, he'll immediately look up, point to the sky (or ceiling) and say, "Whooooooooaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh!" Never fails!
- James loves to play peek-a-boo with his blankie! Love it!
- James likes to try and put his binky into his glow worm's mouth. I started out doing that a few weeks ago just to be funny, and I busted up laughing the first time I saw James take his binky out of his mouth, pick up his glow worm, and shove it at those painted lips! Too cute!
JD: You know what, Dad, I don't care if I get sicky poop or if my tummy hurts all night. Can't I just have one cookie? Please? I can handle it, I don't care if I get sicky poop, I promise!
Not happening JD, sorry bud. I did pick him up a gluten-free brownie when I was at sprouts today though...
Jordan earned his first true blue dollar bill 2 days ago. Our fridge had a layer of grossness on it and I asked Jordan to just wipe the front down for a quarter with a Lysol wipe. Next thing I know, he's got everything pulled out of the fridge and he's putting all the elbow grease he had into a green scrubber pad and the layer of yellow-flakey-I-don't-know-what-spilled. 30 minutes later, our fridge was spotless. For a 4-year-old, that was pretty awesome, especially since that job description was unsolicited! I was so proud of him, and get this-when I gave him his dollar, he asked me to replace it for 4 quarters so he could buy a gumball for himself and for his siblings. Love that kid!
Karianna is currently singing along to Scooby Doo songs. She was doing it a capella earlier today and messed up the words. She told me she needed to learn those songs better before trying it again. Nothing too important about that, other than I thought it was cute! I wish I had a quicker way to record things Karianna says these days-she is past the cuteness stage that Sara is in of course, it's just that the things she says are so grown up-the questions she asks are so mature and sometimes really set me back. She officially paid me her 60 dollars to go see Wicked in April, and she had absolutely zero hard feelings about it, which was not the case when she bought her bike a few months ago. Such a huge accomplishment for her, she is so excited to see it!
No comments:
Post a Comment