Karianna passed her 3rd-grade mathblasters test today-woohoo! She has been dying to test for the 3rd-grade level since November, and her teacher finally had her do it today: 50 add, 50 sub, 50 div, 50 mult problems in 12 minutes with a certain degree of accuracy for each portion....Karianna got it done in 8 minutes. That basically puts her at passing off 4th-grade and 5th-grade levels as well, if I am remembering the levels correctly, but she'll have to test separately for those. She is so proud of herself, and it's so cool to see since Karianna tends to adopt an attitude of "I'm too cool to show an excess of emotion". She'll have her name read on the announcements tomorrow, as well as have her pic taken with the principal with her mathblasters t-shirt. I'm so pleased with how quickly she has mastered her math facts. Just the other day, I taught her how to do double-digit multiplication with regrouping ie 26x43-she was even able to do most of a triple-digit multiplication problem, ie 321 x 245. It's funny, she will tell you math is her least favorite topic, but she is so good at it... I can't believe how fast she is growing up. Congratulations Karianna!
Wednesday, January 30, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment