Saturday, January 12, 2013

Glendale Glitters

We drove out to Glendale tonite for the last night of Glendale Glitters.

We've never been before, and we were imagining a very temple-esque feel (ie, tons of densely packed lights, a good atmosphere to walk around in, etc).  Well....not so much.  The lights were cool, but not as cool as the temple by far.  And it was packed--I mean PACKED!  I don't mind crowds, but Jared really does, and he was on edge whenever we ventured into the highly concentrated areas.  On top of that, the whole spectacle was very carnival-like.  There were tons of booths, food, and games to play, all of which cost tickets-which were a buck apiece!  We didn't come prepared for that, so although the kids enjoyed watching other kids playing the games, you could tell they really wanted to join in.  So we spent most of our time there walking the lights, playing in the amphitheater, watching a crazy-awesome girl hula hoop with glow-in-the-dark hoops (it was really awesome!), listening to some really awesome bands, and most of all, watching the hot air balloons go up and flare with fire.  My favorite balloon was a witch riding a broomstick-and I am super sad I didn't get a picture!  The crowd was so packed around her, that I didn't want to take my eyes off the kids.  We were there for a few hours, all bundled up in our coats, mittens, and gloves-and overall, though different from our expectations, it was quite a fun family outing.

Just a few pics of balloons and the kids.  Sara kept dancing around when we sat down to listen to the bands, she was the only one doing it, and I think other people got a kick out of her!  The boys LOVED the spiderman balloon and Karianna kept asking if we could go in different directions so she wouldn't get jealous of the games we weren't financed to play.  I told her we'd go back next year with the intent of playing a few games!






No comments: