Out of all our babies, Sara is the least shy one, especially with strangers (we are not sure if this is a good thing). During sacrament meeting today, the choir had an impromptu choir number. My mom got up to sing, and apparently Sara decided it was time for her to exit the pew as well. She took off with a book to the end of the pew and out into the aisle. But instead of following my mom, she headed to the pew straight across from us and into the arms of....I don't know who. I didn't recognize the lady toward whom Sara made a beeline. The lady picked Sara up and started reading the book to Sara. While the choir was singing, the lady helped Sara direct. When both of those activities expired, the lady rocked Sara for the duration of a 10 minute talk and Sara didn't move a muscle. When it came time for prayer, Sara folded her arms in the lady's lap. I caught her eye at one point and Sara raised her folded arms so she could wave at me (never once breaking the fold mind you). It wasn't until the organ began playing the postlude music and Jared walked over to chat with the lady that Sara consented to return to her family.
Jared did end recognize the lady as he helped her move into our ward a few weeks ago, and after talking to her, he said it made her day to have Sara wander so freely to her and sit with her for the last 15 minutes of church. I gotta tell ya, from my side of things-I had forgotten how much easier it is to manage 3 kids at church as opposed to 4! It was a rather nice break ( I actually heard the second talk!) and another reminder that Sara Grace is simply not shy.
Sunday, August 21, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment