- Its a good thing JD is not well known at Bush because he had a diary of the wimpy kid moment. He was climbing out of the pool at one point and kind of got stuck hoisting his leg up onto the wall. Not a big deal, except his swimming trunks had sagged down, exposing his entire bottom. True to JD, he didnt' care, just yanked them up once he got out and went on his merry way. Still. Gross.
- Sara spent the whole time throwing diving rings and retrieving them. She had on no floatie of any sort, and at one point managed to wander all the way through the shallow-deep end: water up to her chest. She kept her balance nicely, which was great to see! At one point another little toddler came up to her and smothered her in hugs and kisses....pretty much akin to being tackled. She stayed iun my arms for a good 10 minutes afterwards, afraid of a repeat offense. Through it all, she still kindly waved hi to that little boy.
- JD went on the slide on his own about 25 times. It was awesome!
- Karanna decided at the tail end of the party to go off the high dive. I told her she was close enough to 7 and she jumped on it, especially after I observed some pretty little kids doing it as well with no retaliation from the lifeguard. She went to stand in a line of about 10 kids, and when she got up to being 3rd in line, the announcement came: the party is over, go home! Karianna was dejected! She really wanted to do it! Oh well, we have another swim party to go to at the end of the month at Shepherd, I'm sure Karianna will try again then.
- I was so proud of JD and Karianna at the diving boards, just really shows how much they have grown compared to last year. If I had parental help, I would have let Jordan go on the boards as well.....we'll have to try it when we go to Shepherd.
Friday, August 19, 2011
Bush Swim Party
The kids' school always has a back to school swim party at Stapely's pool. Although Jared was working, I opted to take all the kids with me to the pool. Although I don't terribly like doing this on my own (given how much Sara loves to just jump anywhere), I am glad I did-the kids had fun and it was great to see them bonding with kids from their classes. A couple of moments of note:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment