It has been a while since we have been to the Children's Museum in Phoenix! So for a final summer hurrah, we decided to trek down there for the last Monday Family Home Evening of the summer. It was packed of course, but we didn't have to wait to get in (and good thing, because it was HOT!). I love the museum, though I wish I could score culture passes more frequently so we could avoid the crowds on the free night!
The kids had a blast as usual! We started off in the art room where all the kids, including Sara traced letters and colored to their hearts' contents. Jordan was very interested in playing in the paper mache castle, but it was unfortuneately labeled, "Do not touch". Didn't stop Jordan, but you know how that one goes. :) I headed upstairs with Jordan and Sara once they started to lose their coloring focus and we went into my favorite room-the 3 and under room. I loved watching Sara play house with her babies! She loves wrapping up babies and putting them to bed, so this was a perfect room for her. At one point, Sara saw a push wagon with about 3 babies in it, and she excitedly tucked her baby in as well and started to push it around. Within 30 seconds, another little ran up and started screaming and pulling the wagon towards her. Sara had no idea what to do! She just held on and stared at this little girl who was certainly making her wishes known! I finally just told Sara to get her own baby, and sure enough, the little girl grabbed everything else and stomped off. Ah, toddlerhood-if I am playing with it, have ever played with it, or will ever want to play with it, then it is certainly MINE!
Jordan loved diging up and planing the artificial flowers and I loved the pic I took of him peering out the window at me! Jared came up with the older two shortly thereafter and when Jordan was putting his shoes back on, he made this spectacular dive fall over one of the mushroom chairs. The adults surrounding us all gasped in horror while I chuckled. Sure enough, Jordan was fine and asked me if I saw his spiderman leap. Yup, that's my boy!
We spent the next hour going from room to room, walking through the now crowd controlled noodle forest and losing Sara a few times (we always found her). One of our new favorite spots was this room on the other side of noodle forest. It has these huge, pipe like seating area where children are supposed to quietly read books. Our kids saw them as great acrobatic opportunities and completely impressed Jared and I with their strength! Karianna is so acrobatic, and those two boys! They are so strong, especially Jordan! He's on his tippy toes and still held that pose for a long time! This was another moment where Sara wandered off-we found her in Noodle Forest.
After watching Karianna make a pizza in the kitchen room, we headed down to the climber, which had no line! The kids all ran up, even Sara. That one was kind of tricky because I had to shadow her-and that's hard being pregnant! After a while I cajoled her to go back down and play with Jared and the big pipe/fluff ball/air contraption. Jordan came down on his own, as did Nana, but JD was up in that climber for EVER! I finally had to climb up to locate him and once I did, he said to me, "I thought I would have to sleep in this thing all night!" Silly boy, he loves that thing!
The kids lasted for just under 2 hours, and at that point, both Jared and I were tired of the crowds. We headed out (taking one last picture with a paper mache dragon that Sara apparently disliked) and made a pit stop at McDonalds for ice cream. Overall, it was a great FHE evening and I truly enjoyed seeing the kids playing!
No comments:
Post a Comment