Sunday, March 20, 2011

It's Spring Break! Oh wait-it's already over.

Here I am, about 10 hours from the official end of spring break and I can't believe it is already over! I am sad to say I really didn't take many pictures of our spring break activities, and we didn't get to do everything on our wish list, but it sure was nice to have a full week of hanging out with the kids without work interferring. This is the first break that I have had from school where I actually feel invigorated, refreshed and overall-okay with going back to work. The reason? There's only 9 weeks left of school. 9. With 27 weeks behind us, 9 sounds kind of piddly. Plus, the next 3 weeks will be full of AIMs prepping and the 4th week with be all AIMS testing. Those 4 weeks are bound to rush by with lightning speed and before we know it, it will be down to five weeks, which I am sure will be filled with end of the year activities, field trips, assemblies-in general all things that make time go by fast. See why spring break is such a great thing? It means I can make it. :) Nice though!

Our spring break was all about bike riding, cleaning, family pictures, scootering, park hopping, pointless car drives, teacher observations, reading, wall climbing, coloring, weed picking, sliding, and haircuts. The low point was probably driving up to Anthen to play in one of our favorite spots from when we lived up there-the Anthem park with their humongous climber, splash pad, and train rides. Unfortuneately, after the anticipation was built, we arrived only to find the entire park closed, bathrooms included. We were pretty disappointed, though we still got to do the train ride and we found another park to play at (though it paled in comparison). The high point was two fold-hanging out so much with the kids in everyway possible, and waking up each morning feeling like it was a summer day. We really enjoyed each other and the relaxed days of spring break. It makes me so excited for summer break, so much so that I already planned out some camping trip dates, swimming lesson dates, and our CA trip for Jared's graduation in May.

So from here on out, Spring Break is going to be my goal-if I can make it to the middle of March with my sanity in tact, it will all be downhill from there. ;) Karianna is counting down the weeks until she "graduates" from 1st grade and JD talks every day about his schedule for kindergarten. We are still undecided if we will have Jordan do preschool with Ms. Kerry next year, but he talks all the time about swimming this summer with no floaties. Sara, dearest girl, is still learning how to control her fits, which have started to include throwing things if she is not satisfied, and going limp if she doesn't want to relinquish her fit yet. And I will miss all of this when Monday rolls around, but it will be a contented miss because I know summer is around the corner-such a lovely thought and with that we prepare to let go of spring break and dive into the last quarter of school. Thanks for the great week guys!

3 comments:

Kristen said...

will the summer camping trips include the 4th of july weekend camping trip w/ family?? :)

Rachel and Jared Lautenschlager said...

Yes! :)

Kristen said...

wahoo! can't wait:) we were thinking it would be like july 2-4? i think that is what steven is trying to make sure he has off!