Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Jordan is a Goofball.

Jordan is such a boy. I have to get after him so frequently during the day for climbing up onto the couches, tables, chairs, bookcases, people-it is getting ridiculous! Jared has a goal of finally building the climber in the backyard this week, and I will be so glad when he does. Then I can just tell Jordan, "Have at it! This is your climbing heaven!"

On the bright side of things, Jordan found a good use for his climbing skills today. He has been long adept at climbing onto the kitchen table chairs and looking around expectantly for dinner. A week ago, Jared and I laughed our heads off as Jordan took it one step further-he climbed up into his booster seat and managed to buckle himself in. We laughed even harder when he realized he had trapped himself in his booster seat with no prospects of dinner for at least another hour.

Things got even funnier today during snacktime. Jordan once again climbed into his booster seat, but didn't buckle himself in all the way (which I need to be more mindful of considering the next few sentences). I was running around the house picking up a few things before naptime. When I re-entered the kitchen to check on Jordan's granola bar progress, I found him climbing down from his booster seat.

Here's how he managed it:

Jordan stood up on the seat, realized he couldn't easily manuever his way down without falling, and instead climbed onto the table on his belly. From there, he slid backwards until his little feet hit the seat of the chair. He then inched his way down until he was crouched precariously on the edge of the chair, yet able to grip the sides of the booster seat. Down went his feet onto the lower rung of the chair, and then finally to the ground he got. He gave me a huge toothy grin, clapped two times, ad ran off to wreak havoc in some other room.

I watched all of this in spotting formation-ie, I was ready to dive in, 37 weeks pregnant and all, to save his poor head from yet another bruise. Pretty amazing stuff, when I think about it...then again, thinking about it leaves me wondering how in the world I am going to do this after Sara arrives...

No comments: