Monday, March 9, 2009

My Sad Little Boy

Jordan had his 12 month well visit today, although it is more like his 13 month appointment. Not so good as doctor appointments go! He's been tugging his ears a lot lately, which is an obvious ear infection sign, however it wasn't manifesting anywhere else, so I wasn't sure if it was ear infection, or if Jordan had just discovered that he has ears. The doctor confirmed that it is in fact a double ear infection. Bring on the amoxicillan (I am totally aware that I spelled that word wrong, but I'm too lazy to google it).

On top of the ear infections, Jordan had to get 4 shots-I hate the look all my kids give me during shots: "Why are you doing this to me Mom???" Pull at my heartstrings! Jordan is now officially on a diet of soy milk for 6 months due to a potential milk allergy. Not just soy milk-that would make for interesting diapers. We'll try cow's milk again after the 6 month mark and see if he has the same allergic reaction he had a few weeks ago.

Finally, it appears that Jordan has hit a growth de-spurt. He dropped about 15-20 percentile points on both height and weight, settling at 20% for height (29 in) and 5% for weight (19 pounds). That can't be good, right? I expected the weight issue since he was in the ER for severe vomiting and had to be given IV fluids. The height thing came as a surprise though-we'll follow up on that in a few weeks when we go back to the doctor for his ear infection check up.

So that's it for my sad little boy-who is really so happy and full of life! Jordan's favorite part of the day right now is waking up Karianna and JD in the morning. As we walk down the hall to their rooms, he starts waving and pointing to her door, saying "Nana!" He tries to say JD, but it just comes out as a /j/ sound. Jordan has taken about 10 steps to date, but doesn't see the need to walk excusively yet at all. He's biding his time. :) He loves to play peek a boo and he loves to share-whatever he's holding, he'll try and give it to you, and that's cute. He's a binky-less babe now unless he has to go to the doctor for double ear infections and shots, or on a long car ride. I introduced Jordan to sand a few days ago at the park and he didn't try to eat it-not once. That's plain cool. Makes his park visits more enjoyable! All in all, Jordan is loving life and I love to see his eyes light up and focus when he's very obviously studying something in order to understand it. Fun stuff-I love you Jordan and I promise to try and bulk you up a little more in the next two weeks!

3 comments:

Carly said...

That is soo weird, Sam just started yanking her ears too, but no other symptoms or crankiness to speak of.
I hope Jordan gets better and of course chubbier (send him to my house, I bulk up just fine, I'm sure I can fatten him up too).
By the way, how many ER visits is that for your this year? I think you and I are the only ones who went (and I only had to go once), but we might have to add that number to the video. You should get a punchcard.

Rachel and Jared Lautenschlager said...

For the whole year? That would be 4 :) Twice for JD, Twice for Jordan, and then if you want to count his pyloricstenosis bit, which technically included an ER visit, that would be grand total of 5 :) Sheez louise!

The*Evans*Family said...

A milk allergy sounds terrible! I have celiac disease (wheat, rye, barley, oats) and that's no fun. If I had to go without milk I'd be no fun to live with that's for sure.