Karianna was completely overjoyed yesterday when she got a packet full of barbie clothes in the mail yesterday and we have spent all morning dressing barbies galore for a ball. Sure enough, each and every one of them are modest and dressed to the hilt in Karianna Couture. I even had a blast playing with her. Here's a quick picture of the party en route to the ball:
Tuesday, March 17, 2009
Barbies and Stress
Playing with barbies has been a creative process for Karianna. Why? Because she is all about modesty and barbie clothes tend to not be very modest! Karianna has resultantly become a pro at making jackets out of tissues (I kid you not). It's been pretty cute to watch, however I've been scoping out Ebay for a while to try and buy a bigger variety of barbie clothes so she can achieve modesty without shredding 10 tissues in the process. I finally succeeded last week and unknowingly won a lot of 75+ barbie clothes for $4.55-shipping included! Woohoo for cheap deals on Ebay! It was seriously a surprise because I woke up one morning to find an email in my inbox saying I had won overnight. What a feeling of exhilaration, I can understand why people might get addicted to Ebay...thankfully I am so cheap, I don't think I'd ever have a problem overspending :)
On a completely oppostie note, I was pretty stressed out last night and decided to take my stress out on our collection of finger puppets. I stood them all up in two lines, facing each other, and ready for battle (not pictured). My side then proceeded to knock down all of the opponents on the other side. The result was a great deal of finger puppet devestation-and I felt a ton better :) Jared got a picture of that, and I had to share because...well...this was just plain weird, and the funny part is I was totally serious about it. The things we'll do to ease stress. Better than browsing Ebay all night...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I am SO with you on the ebay thing! I am on ebay A LOT looking for great deals, only the best. I buy coupons from ebay a lot, especially when there is a good deal! Looks like a lot of fun with the barbies, hehe, and the finger puppets! Whatever gets the stress out!!!
Post a Comment