Monday, December 8, 2008

Sand Sculptures

We are back from California and suffering from Disneyland withdrawl! There is definitely a reason it is called the Happiest Place on Earth! Kind of funny because every second we were there, we heard nothing but kind words. When Disneyland closed at midnight on Saturday, we immediately witnessed a patron showdown at the tram-those seats are high commodities! It just was funny that when the Happiest Place on Earth closed, the little devils seemed to come out again! Anyhow, our trip was great, and I'll post about that later when I sift through all the pictures. For now, I wanted to post the magnum opus of my sand sculpture career, which started and probably ended on Saturday at Hungtington Beach. While Jared tested for 10 hours, I lounged on the beach. Two things to know: I really missed the kids. Hence the following sculptures:
The second thing is I was really in the mood for ice cream. Preferably with hot fudge, because ice cream is naked without it. That's just a fact. Hence the following sculpture:Pretty cool eh? It was lots of fun, which was the theme of the weekend! Thanks for taking me Jared-GREAT memories!

4 comments:

Jilly Bean said...

Nice ice cream sculpture. I especially like the spoon for some reason. How fun that you got to take a lovey dovey trip with Jared. Disneyland, the beach, and relaxing...wow. How wonderful!

Anonymous said...

That's one rocking sculpture yo! Disneyland--- lucky. I gotta go there sometime. I dig the first picture of da sky, it's nifty.

Rachel and Jared Lautenschlager said...

That was my favorite ocean picture of the weekend too-I took it around 2 in the afternoon! The lighting was totally unplanned, but just turned out awesome!

Kristen said...

woah dude! seriously, so cool, esp. the ice cream sculpture! you are an artist rach:) oh and your ocean pic is now my background, thanks!! :D