Sunday, September 21, 2008

What's Your Nickname?

I have been waiting for seven months now to start calling Jordan "Jordy". This is pretty much the entire reason I wanted to have a son named Jordan! My not-so-little brother Robert's middle name is Jordan and when he was younger, Robert was kind of my baby-Suzanne took care of Stephen, I took care of Rob when needed. At some point I started calling Robert Jordy and ever since then, its been on my must-have list for kid names! Guess that's a huge tribute to Rob, eh? Maybe Jordan can inherit Robert's witty sense of humor, which seriously cracks me up (and since I just gave Rob major cyber kudos, I expect him to comment so I think at least one person enjoys my blog!!! :) ).

Anyhow, I have tried calling Jordan "Jordy" a few times; Karianna uses the nickname, at times during her bedtime prayers. It just is not sticking yet-I"m not sure that Jordan has enough personality yet to need the nickname-so far he is still baby jordan in my eyes, and that fits him just perfectly. So at some point, I am sure he'll receive the crown that is "Jordy" and it will please me ever so much to be able to use that name again-Rob is just a little too old now to be "Jordy"!

In the meantime, I am a little embarrassed to say that I have christened a nickname for Jordan, and I say christened because I use it at least once a day if not more-definitely nickname-worthy...although I certainly hope it does not stick, anyone who is reading this is hearby banned from using this nickname. Hee hee, bet you are curious now what it is! I am sorry to say that when I woke Jordan up for church this morning, I said: "Good morning stinky brother!" And when I strapped him into his carseat yesterday, it was: "Wow, you are growing so big stinky brother!" And when Karianna said her prayers last night, she nixed "Jordy" and instead said: "Bless me to be nice to my stinky brother." Okay, so I am just kidding about that last one, but typed in all seriousness about the first two "stinky brother" comments. The ironic thing about it is Jordan has significantly less poopy diapers than the average baby. Totally undeserved, this nickname. Don't worry Jordan, I've got an iron-clad promise that no one reading this will ever use it....and when you become a "Jordy", this whole stinky brother business will be totally forgotten!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

HA HA, FIRST! And before you get home, too. I knew it. Not really. Maybe. Always. Never. Nicknames are sacred and Jordy is the most sacred of them all. I would know. Or would I?...... ON THE NEXT DATELINE. DUN DUN DUN. Peace, love, and gap.

Chavez

Alison said...

This is funny to me for two reasons. First off, my Jordan grew up being called Jordy and eventually hated it. He wants a daughter named Jordan but is adamant that her nickname not be Jordy. So the fact that you picked the name partially because of a nickname just makes me chuckle. Second, my babies are always nicknamed stinky for awhile. Stinky bug is a common one right now.

Kristine said...

Oh what a cute blog! Thanks for sharing it with me. I have to admit we call Charlotte stinky too. Savannah is actually the one that is really using her 'real' nickname of Charlie a lot more than Chad and I do.