Monday, September 29, 2008

And What Are You Up To?

Karianna

Karianna has apparently not relinquished her ability to dress up in the greatest dress-up concoctions I could ever imagine.
Nor has she lost her ability to give me goofy faces.
But topping it off is her ability and desire to fold clothes...sure they were dirty, but its the thought that counts! I wonder when that "desire" is going to leave?

JD

Following in the ideals of his sister, JD has not relinquished his ability to somehow locate his lion and tiger and carry them off to bed with him. Yesterday before bedtime JD tells me, "But mama, I need lion and tiger". I ask him where lion and tiger are, and he says: "Oh, lion and tiger are outside. I get them Mama-hold on, I get them". And before I can catch his sleeve, he's racing down the stairs, pulling open the sliding glass door, and sure enough there they are on the playdough table in the backyard. We'll call it his sixth sense-he's going to love the zoo on the 11th!
One of his other favorite animals? The shark-as evidenced by his current favorite book.
The coolest part to me is he actually decided to share his book with Karianna-this is like, a ridiculously rare moment of non-argumentative sharing. It lasted about 20 seconds. Which is why you are only seeing the first picture and not the second one of them fighting over the book. So goes sibling-hood!

Jordan

I am officially starting a crawling pool! Pick your day now-winner gets 700 billion points! When in the world is Jordan going to decide crawling is more interesting than just lounging about? Jordan is just so content staying put, I honestly see no desire as of yet to really get moving. I'm telling myself he just has an insight into the future that I don't have, despite the fact that I've been down this road with 2 kids already: "Mom, I have my whole life to be mobile; do you seriously think it matters when exactly I start?" Touche, Jordan. To date, Jordan has joined the push up club and the rocking club-my date for the pool is still somewhere in the late Octobers.




Jared

Too busy studying to comment-sorry. :) But I would bet he would say he is excited to go camping with all the boys in a few weeks! And he would say he is stoked for General Conference (I just used the word "stoked"....weird. Just as weird as using the word "wicked", as in "that was wicked cool" the other day....just weird.).

Rachel

Missing my husband :) On a happy note, I get to sing the Messiah this year in our tri-stake Messiah presentation! Woo hoo! All the days singing the Hallelujah chorus in the car with my dad are going to pay off! And our ward choir is signing "This Is The Christ", my all-time favorite choral piece of music! Gotta love it.

No comments: