Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Beautiful Girl

Here is what we love about Karianna-our beautiful 4 year old:

Karianna is great at having conversations with us. My favorite time of the day with her is bedtime because after laying in bed with her and reading a story, we talk about anything and everything. Her ability to converse is amazing and I am always fascinated at her reasoning, which at time is very childlike and thus very wonderful!

Karianna is such a good big sister. She loves to babysit Jordan and teach JD how to do things. Albeit, the latter ends up being conducted in a bossy sort of fashion, but I love that she takes charge of her role as sister!

Karianna has a lot of faith. I wish I could be like her in that sense, and she teaches me everyday-shouldn't it be the other way around? :) I love that she sipmly believes-how wonderful.

Karianna is a singer! She loves, loves, loves music! Recently she has been requesting Leona Lewis (did I spell that right?) and has been known to sing the refrain from one of her songs in the middle of the Superstition Springs Mall Play Area....guess she's also big on music appreciation!

Karianna loves her extended family. She is always dictating stories about her cousins, aunts, uncles, and grandparents. They pop up in many a conversation. She relates new experiences to things she has done with various family members. WHat does all that mean? It means that she loves her extended family through and through, and you know, that's the way it should be :)

I'm sure every parent thinks this, and rightfully so, but I have to say it-Karianna is just so dang cute! :)

Karianna loves to learn; her curiosity gets the better of her in many situations! That means she has to know about everything, from letters, numbers, and spelling to female products, death, and weapons. It has taught me a great deal about how to answer questions honestly without overwhelming with too much information!

All in all-we just love everything about Karianna! Even when she has her grumpy, needy, frustrating days, she is just a joy in our lives and we are so blessed to have her in our family forever! Take a look at Karianna over the last four birthdays!

2004: The only True Birth Day! Born at 10:24 PM in Mesa, AZ after a very blissful epidural and a wonderful birthing experience, 10 hours from start to end-no complications at all! If I am remembering correctly, she was 8 pounds 8 ounces and 21 and 1/4 inches. She had a TON of black hair! Where'd that all go??? All the nurses thought she looked Native American given her almond eyes, dark hair, and olive skin.

2005: Birthday number one, and still resisting the urge to walk! Karianna didn't start permanantly walking until 4 months after this birthday, but once she did, she never looked back! In fact, according to her baby book, Karianna didn't start crawling until right before her first birthday! One fact to note-after only nibbling at her birthday cake, Karianna got sick later that night-we had done a really good job of nixing the sugar in the house!

2006: Birthday number two was in a brand new house, probably the first move that Karianna remembered! Karianna gave up her binky right before this birthday after a bout of hand and foot disease (which actually only affected her mouth and throat). Karianna got a great present this year-"Where's the Poop?" What a cutie (the birthday girl, not the poop).

2007: Birthday number three! By this birthday Karianna knew all her letters, numbers to 20, and had completely mastered the potty training dilemma. We got lucky, as I can still, to this day, count the number of accidents Karianna has had on my hands-thank heavens! Karianna's favorite things to do at this stage is play dress up, play with anything princess-y, and talk.

2008: Birthday number four-where did my litle girl go? This one is too big to be mine! :) I can only quote Buttefly Kisses: To perfume and makeup, from ribbons and curls; trying her wings out in a great big world...but I remember butterfly kisses after bedtime prayer. It goes on, and maybe we're not all the way to this sentiment yet, but we sure do love our little girl and cherish the moments we have with her!

1 comment:

Rebecca and Eric MantanoƱa said...

Happy Birthday to the little Princess! She will only get older and cuter! Kind of bittersweet!