Monday, June 30, 2014

Baby Food

BOO!
 Just kidding!  I started Jacks on baby food maybe 2 weeks ago at 6 1/2 months old, but he just did not like it one bit.  So rather than forcing it, I took a step back for a few weeks and tried again just a few days before he turned 7 months.  This time went much better, and he is officially a foodie now!

 It took him a little longer than I anticipated to figure out how to form his mouth around the spoon, but he definitely, DEFINITELY knows the spoon means food-doesn't matter if it is time to eat, if you show him a spoon, he wants it!
 With his high chair set up, he now loves to just sit in the kitchen watching all the commotion around him.  He'll play with spoons, tapping them together and on the table over and over.
 And of course, trying to shove them in his mouth!

 As of now, he has done sweet potatoe, pear, banana, an carrot, although he did not take well to carrot.



 Needless to say, he is very pleased with himself and just loves to eat food now!  I haven't let him try puffs or kix/cheerios yet, but maybe in a few weeks we'll add that to his repartoire!

No comments: