We are very undecided at this point whether or not to send Sara on to kindergarten next year. We are going to have her tested for early admittance, and I will probably even register her/request a teacher....but we may very well pull her before August rolls around. To be frank, I think that's what we will end up doing. She has all her pre-k skills down and it wouldn't surprise me if she starts decoding words over the summer. She has been in a classroom environment for 2 years now and is very mature in that sense. She is well-behaved and physically meets the mark. Even still, we are not fully convinced this would be the best move for her in terms of always being the youngest in her class by a lot. For Karianna, it was an easy decision-it felt right. I don't have the same feeling about Sara....yet. And maybe not at all.
So, end of the day, we are just super proud of Sara for coming so far with her speech. If we move her to kinder next year, great! If we opt to wait another year, I'll have to find a pre-k program that will keep her interested/active. She seems fine either way, still very much wanting to go to preschool, but has had enough conversations with me by now to know she may stay home for another year. I'll be happy to have her honestly-being done with kids has made me start to realize childhood is going by way too fast. As difficult/frustrating as some days are, I know I am going to miss them all too soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment