Saturday, May 31, 2014

Cub Scout Day Camp


For the last three days, JD has had his first experience with Cub Scouts in the form of Day Camp!  As expected, he absolutely loved it and he will tell you his favorite part was learning to shoot beebee guns, and bows and arrows.  That's my boy, through and through! Altough I sunscreened him up the first day, he still got a nasty burn on his calves, which was super sad, but thankfully it was gone within a few days-he had one day of super scaly skin that was just falling off, otherwise it was okay.  JD earned 5 belt loops, which he will get next month at his first pack meeting, and I am so happy he had a good time!  He was gone from 1-10:30 every day--probably the longest he has been away!  I am glad he has enthusiastic leaders and some good kids in his pack.  While I am admittedly nervous about diving into the Cub Scout world, I am excited for JD to have some amazing experiences as a result.


No comments: