Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Spring Break So Far

We are midway through spring break and I was just telling Jared that I can't believe how fast this school year has gone!!!!  One quarter left and my kids just feel a whole year older.  Just crazy.

I made a goal this week to spend either the morning or the afternoon completely focused on the kids.  That can be hard with my work schedule, but I managed to rearrange some things to make it work.  On Monday we did a ton of bike riding, practiced basketball and baseball, and took a ride to Grandma Erickson's house.  JD finally mastered his bike with no training wheels and got really confident at it.  Jordan surprised me by being fairly adept at riding JD's bike with no training wheels--he's not great at turning yet or controlling his handlebars, but he's well on his way!  I also put the training wheels onto Karianna's old bike, lowered the seat, and started working with Sara on it.  She tends to pedal backward and is trying to figure out how to make that NOT happen.  She's great on her trike-this big girl bike will take some practice.

On Tuesday, we headed to the park to do some more bike riding, drawing with chalk, and hanging out with cousins.  We also made ice cream sundaes, which was a pretty awesome treat!  JD and Karianna shocked me during quiet time by playing multiple board games together WITHOUT fighting and even making up a math fact game with dominoes!  That morning all the kids made up this crazy game called "Chase the Bride".  That one had them racing through the house, out to the backyard--all over the place!  I just had to sit back and laugh.

On Wednesday, we went to see "Rise of the Guardians" at the dollar theater.  The kids loved it-I loved it-James didn't really care.  He just wanted to get up and walk around, thus I spent a decent chunk of the movie at the back of the theater so he could wander around.  He is full out walking everywhere now with no fear and no longer resorts to crawling when he wants to go fast--he's figured out crawling really is more work.  I was proud of him, he ignored all the pieces of gross popcorn on the floor.

I have no idea yet what we will do Thursday, and on Friday we are going to go swimming at the dump bucket pool in Chandler-first swim of the season!  It's going to be freezing cold, but that's okay!  We have a fun game night planned for Friday evening as well.  Saturday, I think we will head to Usery pass to hike a bit.

Can't believe how quick March is going-nearly Easter!

No comments: