Amidst all the craziness of moving, I just have to mention real quick how grateful I am for my little family. We've run into quite a few problems that just naturally have to happen when you move; rather than get overly stressed out and frustrated at each other, I am grateful our family has managed to stick together.
The kiddos, bless their hearts, have been so good natured about packing. They've endured a lot of movie time, nap tims, and loosely monitored play time; I'm so glad they are so flexible, especially when its got to be obvious to them that changes are happening.
I'm also so grateful for Jared. He has got to be the most sensitive man on the face of the Earth. He has been so good about helping me out with every little detail of the past few weeks-taken over with the kids while I finished my masters portfolio, coming home from work each day and immediately jumping in to help, and putting up with my never ending list of "to do's". I'm just grateful for his attitude and willingness to help because it seems to make my day go by so much easier.
We celebrated our 7 year anniversary yesterday; the word "celebrate" here means "pack boxes and do laundry". But we did it together, talking the whole time and reflecting on the first 7 years of our forever. So at the risk of sounding mushy, I love my husband so much and am more in love with him today than ever. I packed my wedding bouquet last night-it has not only survived 7 years in one piece, but 5 moves, soon to be 6. That's gotta mean that we are in for the long haul! :)
So despite all the stumbling blocks, I am grateful for those things, and there are tons more things I am bound to be grateful for over the next few weeks as well. I have tons of things to blog about as soon as we get internet at the new house (not to mention some free time). Stay tuned!
Tuesday, May 19, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Bring on the mushiness! If anyone can't deal with it, then they need to just plain ole stop reading!:) I am glad that everything is working out for y'all, even if there are bumps in the road. We are BEYOND excited to have you guys move so close! Here's hoping the next three and a half days go by smoothly!
Post a Comment