Friday, April 3, 2009

Sneaky Kids!

When did my kids get so sneaky?!? One of our Easter traditions is to put a book or two in the kids' Easter baskets. So in order to get them books I know they will like, I usually let them mill around the book section at Walmart while very carefully observing which books they attach themselves to. While they are so engrossed, I covertly sneak another copy into the cart, hide it with random food items, and giggle as they sadly put their books back on the shelf, convinced they will never see them again.

Yea, so much for my undercover ops. Not five minutes after I "hid" this year's book choices in the cart, Karianna had put her hands on her hips and exclaimed, "Mom, did you put a book surprise for me in the cart?" JD was on the other side of the cart throwing aside a box of Eggos and string cheese to uncover his book. Man! I need to figure out a better time to shop sans kids so my surprises can actually remain surprises! At least Jordan's book will still be a surprise-he was so engrossed in pasty animal cracker residue that he didn't notice anything at all.

No comments: