Okay, I am procrastinating for 2 minutes and ignoring the boxes laying around the house. Our family has been so ridiculously busy the last few weeks, and it is only going to get worse! Jared's in the middle of a very difficult class right now; the kids are finishing off their last rec center classes; I am working on transitioning primary responsibilities since my release last week; I am also finally submitting the last part of my masters portfolio in a measely two weeks; and of course, we are trying to pack everything in an exceptionally organized fashion.
Maybe the hardest thing of all is making sure life is still normal for the kids amidst all of that busy-ness. I try to talk to them everyday about moving details so they are fully informed and not surprised when we make the transition in 3 weeks. I do my best to let them pack and help clean without losing my patience :) I barely even let Jared help with the packing-I need to know exactly what goes in each box! Maybe I need to let that go? I'll think about it.
I'm also trying really hard to stick with our normal routine, which includes a lot of kid-parent time. That one has been hard and being the Rachel that I am, I go to bed feeling guilty about the time we didn't spend together. Argh. Maybe I should have just hired professional movers to do all the work without judging me for what might be under the couch cushions or stuck to the carpet.
I am counting my blessings though from the standpoint that staying active and busy all day keeps the nausea away...wow, I think I just came up with a new motto? Wonder if I could stencil it on a wall in the new house just so I can make it through pregnancy in general?
I am also excessively thankful for a husband who understands that I need some alone time when he gets home. Thats the time when, regardless how busy I try to stay, nausea and exhaustion just overwhelm. Jared has been so good about making dinner, putting kids to bed, I don't know what I would do if I couldn't count on my snicker time each evening (you know, "Wanna get away?"). A few days ago I was having a massive bout of anxiety over moving to a house with a pool. I couldn't get the terrifying images out of my head-all dealing with the kids of course. Jared gave me a wonderful blessing that helped me refocus my faith. I really appreciated that from him and I am so grateful to have a worthy husband.
And finally, though maintaining patience is a daily battle, I am grateful for my kiddos and how well they are handling things thus far. They are wonderful and they make me smile everyday-that just helps tons! So on that note, I have to share just one anecdote that was the shining moment from yesterday.
A huge part of yesterday's job was gutting out the master bedroom-tossing what we don't need, boxing what can go to Goodwill, and packing what I consder to be nonessential for the next 3 weeks. In other words, tons of cleaning. Jordan watched me clean for a few minutes and I was tickled when he started picking up garbage and exhuberantly shoving it in the garbage bag. With my little helper fully engaged, I got busy discarding hole-y socks. When I had a good pile of socks ready for the garbage bag, I realized that Jordan had overdone his cleaning job. In the garbage bag I found: 3 shirts, 4 unused diapers, 1 hanger, 2 books, a stuffed elephant, and about 7 pairs of socks-good ones. No way in the world could I get frustrated at him, it was just so adorable. So thanks for the help Jordan and thanks for making me smile!
Allrighty, procrastination time is done-back to the business of busy-ness.
Thursday, April 30, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment