Thursday, May 19, 2016

Sara's First Grade Celebration

Sara had her first grade celebration this afternoon, and it was just so super-sweet, and the first time I really sat down and realized how much i am going to miss Barbara Bush.  Our kids have been here for 6 years now, since Karianna was in 1st grade, and I absolutely love our K-2 teachers.  They pour in so much time, effort, extras, and love for these kids, and as a teacher, I adore them. I worry so much the kids won't have this same environment, experience, and support from a new school.  Thinking about this nearly gives me a panic attack, so lets get back to the celebratory things!

I have spent a lot of time volunteering in Ms. Cawood's room this year, and just love her style and how much she loves Sara.  Sara got her 1st grade scrapbook today, as well as a reading award and her 100 books club award.  Sara has just had an exceptional year.  Nothing ever seemed hard for her in 1st grade.  She made leaps and bounds in kinder, and was in a great place for a young first grader in August, but she absolutely astounded me with her capabilities this year.  She is such a fantastic reader, never flinching with any story she read.  She picked up her math facts quickly, and I never had to help her study for a spelling test-and she always got 100%.  She just excelled with Ms. Cawood's loving and energetic style, and I am just so grateful she had 2 wonderful years at Bush between Mrs. Davis and Ms. Cawood.  I am going to miss these two wonderful educators! 




 Can you see Sara's top tooth just hanging there?  It refuses to come out!


No comments: