- Jackson is learning to eat more foods-yea! Since the New Year, he has started eating scrambled eggs, fruit cocktail, bagels, ham, turkey, shredded pork, rice, and most recently-spaghetti! He will always attempt to decline a new food, or one he has only recently tried, but I do believe he now understands that he has to try it and eat it. We always cheer for him when he gets a good mouthful. Go Jackson!
- Often, Jackson will say something to me, and then repeat, "Right, Mom?" over and over and over and over until I say, "Right, Jackson!" Sometimes I perfectly understand what he's saying....other times, I have no idea.
- I have personally been on a quest for the last month to finally figure out why I have major digestion issues. I don't talk about that frequently, but it has been a thorn in my side for years. I experimented with going gluten free for a while, and had my doctor test me for celiac-negative (I wasn't expecting it to be positive honestly, just suspecting a gluten sensitivity). I had my doctor check my thyroid and all my vitamin levels-all normal, as was my kidney and liver function. I had my OB check my horomone levels at my yearly check up--all normal. I'm just checking off all the boxes, trying to narrow this down. Next on my list is going to an allergist, and getting tested for lactose intolerance. Even if I test negative, I know I am sensitive to dairy based on my food journals. I actually am wondering if JD has lactose intolerance (too) given that he still experiences some of the symptoms even though he is gluten free, and a lot of the research said LI and Celiac are frequently paired. Something to check up on during his yearly check up. I will also probably go back to my doctor or a GI doctor and see if I have IBS or something similar. An IBS diagnosis feels like a cop out to me--such a general issue that probably just covers an underlying issue. But some answers is better than no answers. On we go!
Monday, February 1, 2016
Random Tid-Bits!
Really, this is just concerning me and Jacks....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment