Sunday, December 28, 2014

The Human Christmas Tree

Today was just plain old fun in Primary!

I really considered doing a lovely, spiritual singing time with Christmas coming up in a few days.  While I could have made it great, I am sure, I opted for a laid-back fun activity that would just let us sing some Christmas favorites and enjoy the season.  As such, we made a human Christmas Tree in both senior and junior primary.

A reverent child got to come up and pick a decoration from my basket.  They then had the length of the correlating song to decorate our brave tree:  Sis. D'Addabbo.  Bless her heart, she did great as the kids draped her with streamers, bows, ornaments, necklaces, and reindeer antlers!  It was so much fun, and really was a fantastic way to ring in the Christmas season!

As other notable moments from the day, I got to sing with the ward choir today for the Christmas program, and Karianna got to sing with the activity day girls during a small group number.  Afterwards, we were able to go see cousin Brooke's baby blessing, though after nearly 5 hours of church if you count getting to our ward early for song practice, the kids were ready to leave as soon as sacrament was over, which is what we did.  Such a busy day, but full of a lot of great moments that make me super excited for Christmas in a few days!




No comments: