Karianna had the privilege of performing with Bush's children's choir at a combined concert at Red Mountain. She was one of the youngest kids there, but really seemed to enjoy herself as a representative of Bush. All the feeder elementary schools and junior highs had representative choirs there, and it was a joy to watch Karianna perform on a high school platform! I was so proud of her, she has such a gift with singing, and already talks about all the choirs she wants to be in throughout her schooling.
Can you find Karianna? She is in a black dress.I personally found it so interesting to be back at RM, in an auditorium that I personally performed in many, many times. I was able to say hi to Mr. Johnston, who is still directing the choirs at RM. I found myself ruminating over what it is like to be a teenager in high school who really doesn't know who she is, so she affects the person she thinks she is supposed to be. I may not be the most confident person on the face of the planet, and I certainly have a lot of self-esteem to gain as a mother, but I am so grateful to be past that stage of trying to figure out, at a very base level, who I am, what I love, and where I am meant to be in the world. I hope and pray I have the wherewithal to help Karianna navigate this journey with grace.
No comments:
Post a Comment