This is a very happy picture for an otherwise sad week.
I have been incredibly sick this entire week because I woke up this past Sunday with a terrible case of mastitis. I get it with every kid (except James), so I know the signs and how to ward them off....this case just hit hard and fast though, and there was no stopping it. I woke up with body aches, fever, and a hard breast (sorry, too much info). I spent a miserable day in bed between chills, hallucinations, and moans; the kids thought I was dying. I called in an antibiotic from my doctor, and waited the terrible 24 hours for it to start taking affect. I put a one-liner on FB about not feeling well, and within hours had 3 sisters volunteer to bring meals, and help with school transportation, including Becca. I was overwhelmed with the service, as I really really wasn't expecting any...it ended up being so helpful as the week went on!
Monday came and while the infection was starting to feel better already, I was ovewhelmed with recurring body aches, fever, and all of the sudden, nausea and acid reflux. When the symptoms were still there Tuesday, I started freaking out and thought I was pregnant, which would NOT be welcome right now at all. Thankfully I wasn't, which I found out on Wednesday. While the infection felt like it was almost all the way out, my symptoms persisted, especially the nausea and acid reflux. With that, I called my doctor on Thursday; she advised me to stop taking the antibiotic, even though I was only just starting day 5 of the 10 day prescription and to come in. Friday morning dawned, and the symptoms were nearly all the way gone, except lethargy and a rebound headache, probably from taking so much medicine to ward off the side effects. My doctor confirmed the mastitis was gone, and noted in my file that I apparently react really poorly to dicloxicillan: the side effects were nearly as bad as the actual infection! Thus, I won't be taking that ever again.
By Sunday, even the tiredness had dissipated, and I felt back to normal. The bright spot in this whole ordeal which I would never wish on anyone is the serve that I felt all around me, from sisters in the ward and family to Jared and the kids picking up the slack around the house since I was completely out of commission. It was a beautiful display of service, and we are very appreciative!
So the picture at the beginning of the post is of James eating a fruit popsicle that my visiting teacher brought over with dinner-it was so big, he couldn't hold it by the stick alone-he had to grip the popsicle at the bottom alongside the stick! It was awesome!
Sunday, April 6, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment